Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Go ahead, make my day!

Yesterday I received an envelope in my mailbox here at the library. I didn't recognize the name on the return address. Inside was a picture of a young boy I didn't know. His name was on the photo along with a message from his parents welcoming him to their family. Mystified, I opened the enclosed card. A handwritten message read, "Thank you for your notary services. The final documents enabled us to finish the adoption of our wonderful son. We are so glad to have him home and are grateful to the many people who helped us complete the journey." During a typical day, I may perform lots of notaries. I didn't remember this family, but now I'll never forget them.

3 Comments:

At 11:55 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

How wonderful! It's so nice when things like this come back to you.

 
At 8:26 PM, Blogger Erin the Librarian said...

Awesome!

 
At 4:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too am a notary in our public library. Of all the different types of documents that I notarize, adoption papers give me the most joy. Congratulations to you for the warm feeling you must have had! So often it is a service that goes unappreciated.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home