Monday, October 31, 2005

This isn't a computer tip, but this is my blog and one of the reasons it exists is for self-promotion. I think it was Kinky Friedman who said, "I'm not scared of dying. My biggest fear is that I'll have to go 5 minutes without talking about myself." So here's a shameless plug for next week's Armchair Traveler program at the library.

On Thursday, November 10, at 1:30 p.m., I'll share photos and anecdotes about our recent journey to Wales. Fans of the 60s television show "The Prisoner" will recognize scenes from the seaside resort of Portmeirion, an eclectic mix of cottages and gardens designed by architect Clough Williams-Ellis. Next, we'll travel to Hay-on-Wye, a charming village that is home to over 45 bookshops. Other highlights of the journey include a visit to Tintern Abbey, built in the 14th century, and Chepstow Castle, the oldest castle in Wales.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home