Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Spam or Not? Followup

After I answered "Richard" he sent me a very pleasant thank you message. So after all my agonizing and second-guessing, he was a real person with a question. Although I spent some time trying to check out his original message, playing it safe was better than getting a virus or spyware, losing all my data or having my personal info compromised. By the way, here's my answer to his question, "Does the word Lao mean anything to you?"

Hello Richard,

I did a Google search for Lao and this is what I found. I hope this helps you.

A member of a Buddhist people inhabiting the area of the Mekong River in Laos and Thailand and speaking the Lao language; related to the Thais.
The Tai language of a Buddhist people living in the area of the Mekong River in Thailand and Laos.
http://wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

The Lao are an ethnic group of Southeast Asia. The vast majority of Lao people live in either Laos (approximately 4 million) or Thailand (approximately 15 million). The Lao of Thailand are concentrated in the Isan region, although there are many migrant workers from Isan working in other parts of the country, such as Bangkok. The Lao speak various dialects of Lao and Isan, which are in turn often considered to be a single language.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lao

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home