Tuesday, June 06, 2006

One new library and two new coffeeshops

I was home in Pennsylvania last weekend visiting family and had the chance to tour the beautiful new Schlow Centre Region Library in State College. The old library had been expanded twice but about two years ago it was demolished and the new one built on the same site. It has much more space and lots of natural light, especially in the children's room and warm wood tones throughout.

I always rely on the Delocator to find independent coffeeshops when I travel. It really paid off this time, as I found two excellent cafes within half a block of the library; The Saints Cafe and Webster's Bookstore/Cafe. Although Panera Bread was across from the library, I always like to patronize the independents. Their atmospheres are unique and the lattes are delicious.

1 Comments:

At 8:36 PM, Blogger Jill Hurst-Wahl said...

Thank you for this site!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home