Thursday, May 10, 2007

Mac vs PC

Today I started my desktop iMac and my Tablet PC at the same time. For the first hour, this is what I accomplished with each one.

On the Mac

  • read and sent e-mail messages
  • loaded iGoogle and Google Reader; read items from at least a dozen news sources and blogs
  • revised wireless presentation that I'll do next week
  • checked for software updates
  • checked progress of approaching thunderstorms

On the PC

  • bupkiss

None of its programs, not even System Restore, will come up. I have restarted at least 6 times, the hard way, by pressing the power button. My goal was to download the lastest security updates from Microsoft. IE tried to start but locked up 3 times.

1 Comments:

At 9:34 PM, Blogger Paul F said...

Ouch!

Paul, CNYPCUG

 

Post a Comment

<< Home