Thursday, April 14, 2005

The My Documents folder doesn't appear on the desktop of Dell 4. No matter how many times we put it there, it keeps disappearing. But you can still save your work there, and you should, because in the event of a crash anything in that folder will be protected. You can't save to the desktop for this reason.

Here's how to access the My Documents folder. I posted this in the Dell 4 carrel, too.

To save your work to the My Documents folder

Go to the File menu and select Save or Save As.
When the dialog box opens, click the My Documents icon on the left.
Your files will be saved to the My Documents folder.

To access the contents of the My Documents folder

Double-click the My Computer icon on the desktop to open it.
Open LabPC3.
Open the Documents and Settings folder.
Open the Patron folder.
Open the Shortcut to My Documents.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home